The society we live in today tends to be alarmist about sex, and anyone who boldly acknowledges the pleasures of sex may be labeled as a whore. While there are some negative factors associated with illicit sex such as unwanted pregnancy and disease. There are many more positive factors about sex such as social, health, physical, and emotional benefits. Let us look at some of these benefits discovered through scientific research:
Relationship and Emotional Well being
· Fulfillment of sexual desire and pleasure among coupled partners is shown to increase relationship satisfaction and bonding.
· Stability of relationship is also associated with sexual satisfaction.
· Stress is reduced by sexual activity and orgasm.
· Incidence of depression, psychiatric illness, and suicide is not correlated with sexual activity.
· Sexual satisfaction increase personal satisfaction and sense 0f well being.
· Sexually active life is a strong correlation to live longer.
· People who remain sexually active appear more youthful.
· Fat and calories are burned during sexual activity which improves health and physical well-being.
Health and Wellness
· It has been demonstrated that the quality of sperm motility decreases with abstinence.
· A decrease in the risk of prostrate cancer is related to high frequency of ejaculation.
· The immune system in both men and women is shown to be bolstered by sexual activity and orgasm.
· Sexually active women with a partner after menopause, are more likely to experience sufficient vaginal lubrication and less likely to have vaginal atrophy.
· There is less chances of having heart problems if you remain sexually active. This is as a result of higher levels of a neurotransmitter (oxytocin) that is produced when aroused and orgasm.
Sex is about pleasure, and it has many more positive benefits than negative factors. If you really care about knowing more about the truths of sex, then you may checkout these resources on sex.